NEWMARKET, Ont. — The bail hearing for an alleged drunk driver accused in a crash north of Toronto that killed three children and their grandfather has been pushed back once more.
Marco Muzzo appeared briefly in court by video link Thursday and was remanded until Nov. 26, when he will again appear by video.
Muzzo, 29, is facing a dozen impaired-driving offences and six charges related to the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
His lawyer, Brian Greenspan, has previously said it was too early to say how his client would plead.
Daniel Neville-Lake, 9, his brother Harrison, 5, their sister Milly, 2, and their 65-year-old grandfather Gary Neville died as a result of the Sept. 27 collision in Vaughan, Ont.
The children's grandmother and great-grandmother were also seriously injured in the crash.
Their mother, Jennifer Neville-Lake, said that six weeks after the incident, the loss hasn't truly sunk in.
"It's beyond anger, it's beyond rage," she said outside the courthouse.
Neville-Lake said she and her husband are placing their faith in the justice system, but noted that no outcome will restore their family.
"Whatever happens, it doesn't change anything for us," she said.
(CFRB, The Canadian Press)
The Canadian Press