So if you're panicking about pulling out your suit and tie for the office holiday party, not to fret because we're here to help.
The dapper fellas over at GQ have created a "How To Do It (Better)" series, where they're helping the dudes of the world with the most basic fashion tips and tricks. In the video above, GQ teaches you the easiest way to tie a tie (the right way). And here's the low-down in 7 steps:
1. Hang the tie over your neck
2. Take the fat side and loop it over the narrow side
3. Do it again
4. Loop the fat end behind the new knot
5. Pull the fat end to tighten the tie, but leave a little slack
6. Add a dimple
7. Tighten the tie as you usually do.
And there you have it. One less problem.
Check out the video above for the full visual and step-by-step tutorial!
Also on HuffPost