CALGARY — The Calgary Board of Education says it will resume planning all international student trips except for travel to France.
The public school board had placed all trips on hold following the terror attacks in Paris.
In a letter to parents David Stevenson, chief superintendent of schools, says it was a difficult decision that put the safety of students first.
Earlier this month the Black Gold school division and the Calgary and Edmonton Catholic school districts cancelled all international student trips.
The Edmonton public school board has said it will make decisions on travel on a case by case basis.
Last Thursday Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said he knew of no reason why school boards should cancel international student trips over terrorism fears, but said the decision is ultimately up to educators.
Also on HuffPost: