NEWS
01/08/2016 09:20 EST | Updated 01/08/2017 00:12 EST

Quebec baby out of danger after suffering severe burns when seat left on stove

VICTORIAVILLE, Que. — Quebec provincial police say the life of a baby girl is no longer in danger after she was burned while sitting in a child seat on top of a lit stove.

The infant was first sent to hospital in the central Quebec town of Victoriaville before being transferred to a children's facility in Montreal.

Police spokesman Hugo Fournier says the girl is five months old.

Authorities say the girl's father had burns to the hand and that the mother was in shock after Thursday night's accident.

Both were also taken to hospital.

Police in the community 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal are waiting to speak to the unidentified parents to determine exactly what happened.

 

The Canadian Press

America Votes
The latest polls, breaking news and analysis on the U.S. election from HuffPost’s Washington, D.C. bureau