01/08/2016 09:46 EST | Updated 01/08/2016 10:59 EST

Quebec Baby Burned In Stove Accident Not In Danger: Police

The girl is five months old.

Lucy Dixon, 22, came through the emergency room doors at Callaway Community Hospital to have her baby in the morning on Nov. 11, 2011. She and the baby’s father, Joseph Click, realized the significance of the date while driving to the hospital. KOMU PHOTOS/ Eric Staszczak.

VICTORIAVILLE, Que. — Quebec provincial police say the life of a baby girl is no longer in danger after she was burned while sitting in a child seat on top of a lit stove.

The infant was first sent to hospital in the central Quebec town of Victoriaville before being transferred to a children's facility in Montreal.

Police spokesman Hugo Fournier says the girl is five months old.

Authorities say the girl's father had burns to the hand and that the mother was in shock after Thursday night's accident.

Both were also taken to hospital.

Police in the community 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal are waiting to speak to the unidentified parents to determine exactly what happened.


Photo gallery Home Remedies For Burns See Gallery
America Votes
The latest polls, breaking news and analysis on the U.S. election from HuffPost’s Washington, D.C. bureau