Sylvester Stallone won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Rocky Balboa in the movie "Creed."
During his acceptance speech at the 73rd annual ceremony, he thanked Irwin Winkler and Bob Chartoff — the producers of the the original "Rocky" movies — for all their hard work.
One thing he never got a chance to do was thank "Creed" star Michael B. Jordan or the film's director Ryan Coogler, his mic got cut-off before he finished his speech.
He did, however, manage to thank himself.
"And most of all, I want to thank my imaginary friend, Rocky Balboa for being the best friend I ever had," Stallone said.
Watch Stallone's speech in the video above.
Golden Globes 2016
- Matt Damon, Sylvester Stallone, Kate Winslet Among Big Winners
- The Best And Worst Dressed Stars On The Red Carpet
- Laverne Cox Is A Vision In White Elizabeth Kennedy Gown
- Leonardo DiCaprio Pays Tribute To Indigenous People
- Ricky Gervais Jokes About Caitlyn Jenner In 2016 Golden Globes Monologue
- Channing Tatum's Golden Globes 2016 Hair Is Different, Gets Its Own Twitter Account
- Denis O'Hare Rocks Platform Heels On 2016 Golden Globes Red Carpet
- Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt Present Together At The 2016 Golden Globes
Also on HuffPost