Clearly, visual splendour alone isn't enough to push an airport on to the list of the world's best airports.
If it were, the Vancouver International Airport would be a shoo-in.
Air transport advisory firm Skytrax has released its rankings of the World's Best Airports for 2016.
Skytrax arrived at its list after 13.25 million surveys were filled out by people of 106 nationalities.
They evaluated airports based on factors such as arrivals, check-in, shopping, immigration and security.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW BUSINESS
While Vancouver was named the best airport in North America, and ranked 14th overall, it was beaten out by facilities in cities such as Munich, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Here are the world's top 10 airports, according to Skytrax:
10) Hamad International Airport — Doha, Qatar
9) Kansai International Airport — Osaka Bay, Japan
8) London Heathrow Airport — London, England
7) Zurich Airport — Zurich, Switzerland
6) Chūbu Centrair International Airport — Nagoya, Japan
5) Hong Kong International Airport — Hong Kong
4) Tokyo Haneda Airport — Tokyo, Japan
3) Munich Airport — Munich, Germany
2) Incheon International Airport — Incheon, South Korea
1) Singapore Changi Airport — Singapore
Here are some photos of the stunning Vancouver airport that didn't make the cut.
(Image courtesy of Vancouver Airport Authority)
Also on HuffPost: