PORT MOODY, B.C. — Police in Port Moody, B.C., say a teenage girl has died of an apparent drug overdose in a Starbucks washroom.
Emergency crews were called to the cafe around 5:19 p.m. Sunday after an employee found an unresponsive female in the washroom.
Police say the employee quickly called 911, but responders could not revive the 16-year-old.
Drug paraphernalia and a small amount of drugs was located at the scene, leading police to suspect the young woman died of an overdose.
Port Moody police say they cannot confirm whether fentanyl was involved.
The young woman has not been identified and police say they are still investigating.