If you want to experience the 'Big O' during oral sex, it's all about nailing the right position.
Sure, oral sex may seem pretty straightforward, but sexologist and author Jessica O’Reilly of Hot Sex Tips, Tricks, And Licks says there is so much you can do with your body to enjoy pleasurable oral sex. And before you go down on your partner, the first step starts with being comfortable with your own body first.
"If you love your body and are more familiar with your body, your partner is more likely to follow with increased comforts levels," she tells The Huffington Post Canada. "Give your partner directions. Often we avoid sexual activities at which we don’t feel adept. Show your partner how you like it and offer positive feedback and you’ll be more likely to find yourself on the receiving end of oral."
For people who are new to oral sex, O’Reilly says some of the biggest concerns people have is that they are too shy to ask for feedback and directions, and they don't relax.
"Work your way toward their hot spots slowly, you don’t have to dive in for the kill right away," she says. "Pay attention to their peripheral areas like the pubic mound, inner thighs and lower abdomen. You’ll draw awareness to the area and create anticipation which can intensify orgasms once they arise."
As everyone's experience with oral sex differs, O'Reilly has tips on how to have the best oral sex, depending on the type of oral sex lover you are.
Below, O’Reilly has come up with 15 steamy moves to change up your oral sex game. From the simple "Side Wrap" to taking your deep-throat game to the next level, here are some new moves to add to your roster.
1. One partner lies on their back with their knees bent and feet flat on the mattress.
2. The other partner lies atop also on their back with their crotch in the bottom partner’s face. Top partner can lean back against the lower partner’s bent legs/thighs.
1. Switch it up a little by lying on your sides facing one another so you can give and receive pleasure simultaneously without having to support one another’s body weight.
1. One partner lies on their side with their top leg bent.
2. The other partner lies on their side facing into their partner’s crotch with a pillow to prop up their head.
3. The first partner lifts their bent leg over the lower partner to give them easier access.
1. Get down on all fours (hands and knees).
2. Your partner can approach from behind or lie beneath you on their back.
1. Sit on your bum with your back resting against the wall or headboard.
2. Bend your knees and spread your legs open with your feet flat against the floor or mattress.
3. Enjoy the view or ask for a blindfold to heighten your touch, smell and sound sensations.
1. Sit upright in a chair with you legs spread apart.
2. Place a pillow at your feet and guide your kneeling partner's hands and mouth toward your sweet spots.
1. Lie on your stomach with your hips propped up by a pillow.
2. If you’re a screamer and want to stay on good terms with your nosy (and jealous) neighbours, you may also want to put your face in a pillow to muffle some of your more explicit sounds.
1. Lie on your back and spread your legs. Seriously. That’s it!
1. Simply lie on your back with your legs spread open and place a pillow under your hips to prop them up while holding onto your ankles with your hands. Feel free to bend your knees. This will allow easier access to your lower genitals, perineum and bum hole.
1. Have one partner lie on their back and get comfortable with pillows to support the head, neck and knees as needed.
2. Have the other kneel over their head facing up toward the top of their head.
1. Stand with your feet hip-distance apart while your partner gets on their knees between your legs
2. Don't let those knees buckle!
1. Lie on your back with your legs hanging off the side of the bed.
2. If you’re feeling particularly chivalrous, place a pillow on the floor between your legs to protect your lover’s knees.
1. Have your partner lie on their back with a pillow propping up their hips.
2. Lie on your stomach at a 90 degree angle and bury your head in their crotch.
1. One partner lies on their back while the other straddles over their chest facing toward their feet.
1. Lie on your back with your head falling off the side of the bed.
2. The person with the penis stands on the floor in front of you while you place your hands against their thighs to control the depth of penetration.
Also on HuffPost