Vancouver police are warning the public about a sexual offender who was convicted of sexually assaulting university women living on campuses in Ontario.
Cameron Eugene Ratelle, 38, is a federal offender with a criminal history of sex assault against a person under the age of 18, as well as female university students, said a news release on Thursday.
Cameron Eugene Ratelle is a sex offender now living in Vancouver.
Police said they were informed on Wednesday that Ratelle would be living at a Vancouver halfway house. He "poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of young women, particularly those 16- to 25-years-old," said the force.
The Correctional Service of Canada assessed Ratelle as a moderate to high risk for violent and sexual re-offending.
He must abide by certain conditions including:
· Not to be in the presence of anyone under the age of 18 years of age without permission
· Abide by daily curfew from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
· Not to possess, purchase or consume alcohol or non-prescription drugs
· Not to possess, purchase or access pornography
· Not to access any Internet site or access any computer.
Anyone who sees Ratelle violating any of his conditions is asked to call 911.
Also on HuffPost:
Also on HuffPost