As a seasoned traveller, my wanderlust runs deep (from backpacking to business travel, I have circled the globe numerous times). Now as a mother of two, I am passionate about cultivating and passing along that love of travel to my children by placing an importance on collecting experiences, not things. However, let's be honest, sometimes there are some things that happen to make travel a whole lot easier. Below I profile my top 10 favourite products that make travelling with tots easy, breezy!
1. The Babyzen Yoyo has changed our stroller game big time. Not only is it ideal for travel, weighing less than 13 lbs and folding up small enough to fit in an overhead compartment on the train and plane. It also handles like a dream, fits in narrow passageways or elevators, all the while delivering in the tetris-trunk packing department. For a family on the move, this could be the only stroller you need to own.
2. Nikon COOLPIX AW130 Having the proper gear to capture memories and experiences is so important to me. Instead of fumbling with a complicated and clunky DSLR, or relying on a smart phone camera, entrust your family memories to this over-achieving camera. It's waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof, which means you couldn't pick a better camera to accompany you on and off the ski slopes, at the beach and in the pool, or along those steep hiking trails. It offers one-handed dial action control so you can be sure to capture those memories easily while also juggling the chaos that is family travel. Plus you can keep track of your adventures thanks to the GPS that has built-in maps and point-of-interest technology. No more mom-brain lapses when trying to guess which historically significant monument you were posing in front of for next years holiday card.
3. Mereadesso Travel Ease Kit is part of my personal travel arsenal. Founded by a fellow mother who was short on time but skin-obsessed, she created products with multi-purpose to save time. The Travel Ease Kit makes skincare easy and effective. It comes with an All-In-One Moisturizer and Face + Neck Cleanser in resealable sachets, a cleansing cloth, contained in a reusable pouch! Carrying-on is a much easier reality for me these days!
4. For the alpine family who doesn't want to skip a beat, look no further than Wheelblades XL -- these ingenious universal stroller skis snap right on to most carriage wheels evenly distributing the weight in order to glide above the snow. With a simple clamp-lock that is easy to take on and off, they are shock-proof, ensuring a comfortable and convenient ride for you and baby. North Americans can purchase here.
5. A next level booster seat, the Mifold folds up into a package small enough to fit into a child-size backpack or your car glove compartment. Perfect for traveling or carpooling, the Mifold is determined to revolutionize the typical car booster seat, and with great success. They're incredibly successful Indie GoGo campaign has raised over $870,000 to-date. You can pre-order your Mifold for a May delivery here.
6. For sleepovers at grandma's house or to add an additional bed to any hotel room, the innovative Foocot Child Cot is an inexpensive sleep solution that any adventuring family should own. Kids will love having their own special place to lay their little heads (no matter where they are) and parents will fall for how simply it can be stored, transported and set up.
7. Because sleep is precious, we don't like to leave it to chance while on the road. We love the Gro Anywhere Blind for it's ease and ability to turn any room with a window into a dark and sleepy cocoon. Time changes and tropical sun be darned, this product is a must!
8. Safe, simple, comfortable and light, the Lotus Everywhere Crib packs easily into it's very own carry-on backpack, leaving your hands free to hold (or chase) your little one through the airport. Recipient of a GreenGuard Gold certification, this product is free of Phthalates, lead, heavy metals and PVC - so everyone can rest easy. And speaking of easy, I love the easy access via a zippered wall that makes the dream feed just that - dreamy!
9. Be prepared for anything while on the road with the Helios Travel Kit. The carry-on size travel kit contains 36 homeopathic remedies for the whole family that can help with anything from insect bites to diarrhea or sunburns.
10. The GogoBabyZ is a rolling suitcase for your heavy and cumbersome car seat that will have you whizzing through terminals and car rental agencies like a jungle cat. It easily mounts and detaches in mere seconds and enables you to push or pull your child while they sit comfortably in their familiar seat.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: