An apple a day keeps the doctor away...Well, we'd like to think so. Even if it consists of ooey gooey goodness! One of the things we love most about apples is how versatile they can be when it comes to cooking and baking. Now that apple-picking season is here, we're super delighted to share these top 10 drool-worthy apple recipes with you. And no tree climbing required - we've done all of the picking for you.
Enjoy exquisite sweet treats like our Apple Cinnamon Sticky Buns topped with a creamy caramel icing, and Apple Streusel Muffins baked until golden perfection! Not to worry... we've got more than just sweet treats for you. We've got a colourful and flavourful Apple, Mango and Cranberry Coleslaw tossed in a tangy vinaigrette as well as scrumptious drinks like our Apple Pie Milkshake - a delicious blend of ice cream, graham crackers, apples and cinnamon.
You'll find these top 10 apple recipes extra a-peel-ing!
In the spirit of our apple-themed recipes, here are some fun-filled facts about apples:
1. Apples contain 0 grams of fat or sodium and have no cholesterol.
2. Apples are members of the rose family.
3. Apples are 25% air, which is why they float in water.
(And why they're a staple on every diet plan!)
4. Most of the antioxidants found in apples, including quercetin, are found in the skin.
5. Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.
Follow HuffPost Canada Blogs on Facebook