With every Fourth of July comes the pressure to stand over a hot grill while you sweat profusely over piles of searing meat. But maybe 2018 is the year we change all of that.
Burgers, hot dogs and kebabs aren’t the only foods that evoke summer. In fact, their hot, salty meatiness only reminds us of the most unpleasant parts of the season. How about we celebrate the fresh, sunny elements of summer with some colorful antipasto platters, cheese plates and veggie boards?
There are three food blogs in particular that nail summer party food ― Half Baked Harvest, Foodie Crush and How Sweet Eats ― and we’ve gathered our favorite picks from their offerings. Chill out and enjoy your independence from your grill on this Independence Day.
- Greek-Inspired Antipasto PlatterHalf Baked Harvest
- Cheese Board with Beet Whipped FetaHow Sweet Eats
- The New Crudité PlatterHalf Baked Harvest
- Heirloom Tomato, Avocado and Burrata Salad on Grilled Garlic ToastHow Sweet Eats
- Everything But The Kitchen Sink Pasta SaladHalf Baked Harvest
- Summer Crostini 6 WaysHalf Baked Harvest
- BLT Pasta Salad With AvocadoFoodie Crush
- Greek Marinated Flank Steak and Party Hummus PlateHow Sweet Eats
- Thai Grilled Corn and Peach Quinoa SaladHalf Baked Harvest
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs and an Easy Summer Cheese PlateHow Sweet Eats
- Antipasto Salad PlatterFoodie Crush
- Summer Crostini with Whipped Roasted Garlic Goat CheeseHow Sweet Eats
- Simple Summer Cheese BoardHalf Baked Harvest
- Summer Garden Whipped White Bean DipHow Sweet Eats