Strawberry shortcake is one of America’s favorite summertime desserts, and it’s easy to understand why. It has all the right components of a truly great recipe: fresh summer berries (a food everyone must experience in life), biscuits or shortcake (two champions of baking), and whipped cream. Lots of whipped cream.
The strawberry shortcake is put together in a great messy stack that gives us just the excuse we need to dig in with no reservations. It’s basically the sweet representation of what summer freedom is all about. The classic strawberry shortcake couldn’t disappoint even the greediest of sugar freaks, and then there are twists on the classic that are sometimes even more amazing ― think doughnuts. We have both of those styles for you in the recipes below.
- 1Roasted Balsamic Strawberry ShortcakesCompletely Delicious
- 2Boozy Strawberry Blueberry Vanilla Bean ShortcakesHow Sweet It Is
- 3Strawberry Shortcake Grilled DoughnutsHalf Baked Harvest
- 4Strawberry Shortcake CakeLark & Linen
- 5Rye Shortcakes With Roasted Strawberries And RhubarbYossy Arefi/Food52
- 6Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes With Balsamic VinegarFoodie Crush
- 7Strawberry Shortcake DonutsA Beautiful Mess
- 8Double Chocolate Strawberry ShortcakeMinimalist Baker
- 9Breakfast Strawberry ShortcakesCompletely Delicious
- 10Strawberry Shortcake BarsSix Sister Stuff
- 11Surprise Strawberry Shortcake CupcakesSally's Baking Addiction
- 12Individual Strawberry ShortcakesThe Kitchen McCabe
- 13Strawberry Shortcake SconesThe View from Great Island