"Three likes and one share? Is that it?" If you are growing frustrated that your brilliant blog posts go unnoticed online, then we are here to help. Quality content is the only way to attract a crowd and keep them coming back, but they have to know who you are in the first place. Here's a long list of things to do with your blogs to help get the word on the street.
1) Start collecting email addresses which you add to an ever-growing database. Compile your best posts every month into a newsletter which you email out to your mailing list. Add a newsletter subscription button to your site so new visitors can add themselves to your mailing list. Emails still enjoy a high click-through rate and offer readers an alternative point of access to your brilliant content.
2) Engage your potential readers; just posting to social media isn't enough. Regularly visit sites similar to your own and engage with their readers who ask questions or share posts. These active readers are exactly the kinds of people you want on your site too and you already share an interest. You should also engage people who share your posts on their social media platforms by asking questions or liking their content too.
3) Consider combining your best posts into an e-book which you can sell on your site. There are tons of sites that enable you to sell your ebooks securely online.
4) Participate in online communities, forums and other platforms which deal with the same themes as you do in your blog. There are endless opportunities here to promote your blog and share links.
5) Engage your readers by asking them for suggestions, ideas or input on your social media sites. Reciprocate by sharing their content too.
6) Use your posts to pitch stories to newspapers, magazines and other publications. Building an audience over a variety of platforms is a great way to get your content read.
7) Create a circle of like-minded individuals on Google+ and host hangouts where you get to talk about the issues you cover in your posts.
8) Share your posts over a number of platforms that appeal to different segments of your audience. This can include sharing your posts on Instagram and Pinterest (visual platforms) as well as via email and Facebook. Don't forget social sharing sites like Digg and Reddit.
9) Guest blog on other sites to introduce their audiences to your genius. The link love won't hurt either. Post comments on sites that allow you to register your website or display your last blogs.
10) Consider engaging the skills of a professional content marketer to help improve your SEO and get your blogs in front of your target audience.
If your content is great and you engage with your audience, it won't be long before you gather a stable of loyal readers who help to spread the word. The thing to realize is that the real work starts once the blog is published. And remember; if you post it... they will come.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: