With over a week into 2014, many of us to trying hard to keep and maintain their New Year's resolutions beyond the first month of year...or even the first week or two.
The Professional Organizers in Canada (POC) suggests to follow these five simple tips to set and keep your goals of choice throughout the year:
1) Write it -- Harvard studies show goals are 10 times more likely to happen when they are written.
2) Narrow it -- Odds of success will increase if you don't set too many goals. Set one and achieve it.
3) Share it -- Partner up with a resolution buddy and have a set time to check up on each other -- monthly and quarterly
4) Quantify it -- This makes them measurable i.e. put a number to it -- I will take 15 min a day for myself, I will run 10 k by x-date, I will clear clutter 15 minutes a day.
5) Enjoy it -- Make sure it's achievable and you have a good time getting there!
For more tips to get your 2014 off to a great start, please visit POC's website: www.organizersincanada.com
ALSO ON HUFFPOST :