It seems like everyone is getting their hair blown out for everyday events and even just to go to work. I have always been pretty hopeless at styling my tresses. For many years, I would pull my hair back into a tight ponytail (and do some pretty major damage to my hair at the same time).
Recently, I spoke with Jenny Randhawa, the Franchise Partner of the Blo Blow Dry Bar in the lower mainland of British Columbia. Jenny shared with me some of the top blowout trends for fall. Blowouts are becoming so popular, one of the stylists even told me that he has regular clients, who do not own shampoo and come in once every two days for a blow out!
What are the top trends for blow outs this season?
Texture! Lots of layered waves brought into pieces. Bohemian waves with a more polished finish, also known as mermaid waves. Super sleek or undone and dishevelled ballerina buns. And deep side parts are very on trend right now.
How can a person effectively communicate what they would like done with their blowout?
Bring in a photo. Words like texture, wave, curl, etc. can mean different things to different people!
Make sure you have prepared yourself by looking at pictures for inspiration and really think about what you want the end result to be. Hand gestures when explaining your desired style also helps!
Is there anything that a person should not do before a blowout appointment?
Avoid pre-washing and putting in product beforehand. It gives the stylist a better understanding of what your hair needs if your hair is fresh before the blowout. If there is a product you love, bring it in for the stylist to apply in your hair.
The client should not wash their hair the day of an up-do appointment. If you want your hair done in an up-do (for a wedding or other special event) day old hair is ideal.
Any other tips you may have?
Avoid over washing your hair, use products like dry shampoos and texturizing powders instead!
Invest in a good shower cap as well as a silk or satin pillowcase!
Use finishing products like serums and anti humidity sprays to help keep the frizzies under control on those humid or rainy days!
Sleep with hair loosely piled on top of your head, secure with a few pins, this will keep your volume at the roots and prevent your ends from getting frizzy and tangled while you sleep. Deep conditioning treatments are a must if you want to keep your hair looking fresh, glossy and static-free during the cold winter months!
Stay tuned to my blog and share your comments below. Your tips and suggestions are always welcome, as I continue on my journey to find pretty, stylish and comfortable fashion.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
- Lucille Ball's Poodle-esque Pompadour on "I Love Lucy"Weegee(Arthur Fellig)/International Center of Photography/Getty Images
- Mary Tyler Moore's Shoulder-Length Flip on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images
- Peggy Lipton's Straight and Loose Locks on "The Mod Squad"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Diahann Carroll's Razor Sharp Haircut on "Julia"Archive Photos/Getty Images
- Bern Nadette Stanis' Bow-Adorned High Ponytail on "Good Times"CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images
- Farrah Fawcett's Feathered Flip on "Charlie's Angels"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Suzanne Somers' Blonde Side Ponytail on "Three's Company"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Lisa Whelchel's Fabulous Blowout on "The Facts of Life"NBC/Getty Images
- Tempestt Bledsoe's Asymmetrical Afro on "The Cosby Show"NBC/Getty Images
- Linda Evans' Wispy Bangs on "Dynasty"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Lark Voorhies' Teased Bangs And Crimpy Curls on "Saved by the Bell"NBC/Getty Images
- Tori Spelling's Thick Blonde Hair (With Noticeable Roots) on "Beverly Hills, 90210"Fox
- Pamela Anderson's Blonder-Than-Blonde Hair on "Baywatch"Fotos International/Getty Images
- Tia and Tamera Mowry's Jet Black Curls on "Sister, Sister"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston's "The Rachel" on "Friends"NBC/Getty Images
- Fran Drescher's Poofy Half-Up, Half-Down Style on "The Nanny"CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images
- Danielle Fischel's Extremely Long Locks on "Boy Meets World"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Katey Sagal's Fire Engine Red Hair on "Married With Children"Fotos International/Getty Images
- Claire Danes' Deep Red Mane on "My So-Called Life"Mark Seliger Disney ABC Television Group/Getty Images
- Brandy's Wavy Microbraids on "Moesha"CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images
- Keri Russell's Tight Ringlets on "Felicity"Getty Images
- Katie Holmes' Girl-Next-Door 'Do on "Dawson's Creek"Getty Images
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Collarbone-Length Crops on "Two of a Kind"ABC Photo Archives/Getty Images
- Tracee Ellis Ross' Voluminous Curls on "Girlfriends"CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images
- Hilary Duff's Butterfly Clip Hairstyle on "Lizzie McGuire"Disney Channel/Lizzie McGuire Facebook
- Blake Lively's Beachy Waves on "Gossip Girl"Marcel Thomas FilmMagic/Getty Images
- The Kardashians on "Keeping Up with the Kardashians"E! News
- Robin Wright's Polished Pixie on "House of Cards"Netflix