Blasted at the Pi Theatre
The theatre has such a vibrant ability to bring words to life. I first became aware of how theatre can be engaging and reveal a story in high school. Recently, I was fortunate enough to speak with Richard Wolfe, Artistic Director Pi Theatre and Director of Sarah Kane's Blasted.
Richard shared with me his top ten reasons why the theatre is cool.
- Theatre is explosive. There's no energy like the energy you get when you mix live performers with a live audience.
- Theatre is ethereal. What happens on any given night only happens once.
- Theatre is mind expanding. It's a safe way to visit dangerous places.
- Theatre is connective. It reminds us that being human is beyond culture and time.
- Theatre is the original multi-media art form. It fuses movement, music, design, acting, writing, and directing into one artistic blast.
- Theatre is timeless. The pleasure we get from offering and receiving stories is wired into our DNA.
- Theatre is moveable. Great performance experiences can be staged in warehouses, basements, bars, parks, cars, beaches and elevators
- Theatre is reflective. Watching life on stage can influence how we see (and react to) life in the streets.
- Theatre is provocative. It can challenge the dominant political and cultural narratives of the day.
- Theater is sensual. Everyone in the room is breathing the same air. If the person beside you is laughing or crying, you see it; you hear it; you feel it.
I love how the theatre can enrich our lives. Your suggestions are always welcome, as I continue on my journey to live life to the fullest. Let's have the very best 2015!
Visit Sacha daily at SachaD.com