RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- In April 2014, Steveston Pizza owner Nader Hatami received a lot of press coverage for his high brow $450 C6 pie -- a medley of lobster thermidor, black Alaskan cod, smoked salmon, tiger prawns and Russian Osetra caviar.
At the time, the pricey pie was considered by Guinness World Records to be the most expensive in world.
Well, move over C6. Hatami has just introduced an even heftier priced pizza, the $850 SeeNay. (This isn't a typo!)
"The pizza costs me about $800 to make since Russian caviar is very expensive and white truffles fluctuate between $4,000 and $5,000 per kilo," adds the master pizza creator.
SeeNay is a pizza cake covered in tiger prawns, lobster ratatouille, smoked Chilean steelhead, Russian caviar and then snowed with Italian white truffles.
"SeeNay comes in four slices with each reflecting a different theme, hence a different presentation," says Hatami, adding he's already sold two. "Every presentation is to correspond with its life span -- from birth to eternity."
Located in the seaside village of Steveston, the pizzeria is across from the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site. Hatami is launching a new location in Richmond, at the corner of Blundell Road and Railway Avenue. The new pizzeria is slated to open this month.
If the $850 is a bit too steep for you, Hatami also offers several less expensive pizzas you will be tempted to try.
Steveston's Storybrooke Tale
Back in 1900, Steveston was a Wild West town -- a hot spot for iniquity, housing brothels, opium dens and gambling rooms catering primarily to the thousands of fishermen in the village.
Steveston is steeped in a rich fishing tradition that spans more than 120 years. Originally a farming community, the commercial fishery established itself as the economic engine that allowed Steveston to come into its own in the late 1800s. The first cannery opened on the waterfront in 1882, and by 1890 Steveston was a boomtown, with 15 waterfront canneries.
Although it's not what it used to be, Steveston is still home to Canada's largest commercial fishing fleet, with more than 600 vessels. In less than a decade, the village has witnessed exploding growth in high-density condos and apartments that attract young, urban, professional couples.
Today, the village blends the best of urban sophistication with rural charm. It is a mixed bag of small independent shops, trendy restaurants, bistros and coffee shops, all within about eight square blocks. The main drags, besides No. 1 Road, include Moncton and Bayview and several side streets as well.
MORE ON HUFFPOST:
- White Pizza With Spinach And BaconHow Sweet It Is
- Pesto Pizza With Fresh Tomatoes And MozzarellaFoodie Crush
- Cheesy Fontina Caramelized Onion, Chorizo, Spinach And Artichoke PizzaHalf Baked Harvest
- Buffalo Chicken PizzaBell'Alimento
- Meat Lovers PizzaHow Sweet It Is
- Mushroom, Asparagus And White Burrata Cheese Pizza With Balsamic DrizzleHalf Baked Harvest
- Spinach And Ricotta PizzaBell'Alimento
- BBQ Brussels Sprout PizzaA Beautiful Mess
- Chicken Tzatziki PizzaFoodie Crush
- Pizza SorrentinaAlexandra Cooks
- Chipotle Cajun Shrimp And Guacamole PizzaHalf Baked Harvest
- Marinated Kale And Whipped Ricotta PizzaHow Sweet It Is
- Maple Apples, Blue Cheese And Bacon PizzaFoodie Crush
- Sun-Dried Tomato And Olive Pesto Pizza With SalamiHalf Baked Harvest
- Cast Iron Skillet Brussels Sprouts Bacon PizzaHow Sweet It Is
- Toasted Walnut Pesto And Caramelized Nectarine PizzaHalf Baked Harvest
- Pizza MargheritaAlexandra Cooks
- Meyer Lemon PizzaHow Sweet It Is
- Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash PizzaHalf Baked Harvest
- Berry With Arugula And Prosciutto PizzaFoodie Crush
- Burrata Caramelized Onion And Prosciutto PizzaBell'Alimento
- Bacon, Egg And Asparagus Personal PizzasHow Sweet It Is
- Red Potato, Sausage And Rosemary Fontina PizzaFoodie Crush
- Pulled Pork Pizza With Maple Leeks, Roasted Garlic And Aged CheddarHow Sweet It Is
- Chipotle BBQ And Sweet Chili PineappleHalf Baked Harvest
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken PizzaGimme Some Oven
- Crispy Shredded Sprouts And Cider Short Rib PizzaHow Sweet It Is
- Thin Crust PizzaA Beautiful Mess
- Butternut Squash, Sage Pesto And Prosciutto PizzaHow Sweet It Is