William And Kate In Canada: Big Photos Of Day 5 Of The Royal Tour Of PEI (PHOTOS)
share this story
THE CANADIAN PRESS — It's a busy day for William and Kate in Prince Edward Island. View their P.E.I. itinerary below the slideshow.
This gallery will be updated all day long, so check back often.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will begin the day at Province House — the second oldest active legislature in Canada — where Premier Robert Ghiz and Prince William are expected to make remarks. The national historic site is perhaps best known for hosting the Charlottetown Conference some 146 years ago, which laid the foundation for Confederation and the creation of Canada.
- William and Kate will then retrace the steps of the fathers of Confederation by proceeding down Great George Street in a landau to the city's waterfront. At Confederation Landing, the pair will take in a musical theatre performance of "The Talking Stick," which tells First Nations' stories from across the country.
- They will then travel by motorcade to Dalvay by-the-Sea, a resort along the island's north shore that has been featured in the Anne of Green Gables films and the TV series "Road to Avonlea." There, the couple will — quite possibly literally — get their feet wet competing against Premier Robert Ghiz in a dragon boat race.
- P.E.I.'s culture and cuisine will also be showcased during the visit. The duke and duchess will be invited to sample some of the province's most famous and delectable exports, including new potato chowder, oysters and steamed mussels.
- Dalvay by-the-Sea is also where Prince William will get the chance to show off his experience as a search and rescue pilot in the Royal Air Force by flying a CH124 Sea King helicopter.