With the Canadian penny being phased out starting this week (though it ceased being minted as of last fall), and Google paying tribute to its coppery charm, we got to thinking -- just what does the penny mean to us?
While we absolutely understand the less-than-logical financial ramifications of a coin that costs more to create than it does to actually pay for anything, it's been a part of our lives forever.
So we've put together a list of things we'll be missing about the penny once it's gone. Have something to add? Let us know in the comments or at @HuffPostCaLiv.
- Good Luck Costs More
- 'Harmless' Bets Just Increased By 500%
- Piggy Banks Will Feel Much Lighter
- Kids Will Only Be Able To Count By Five
- Thinking Just Became More Valuable
- The 'Good Old Days' Will Be Further Away
- Showing Dissatisfaction With Service
- No More 'Deals'
- Less Kindness From Strangers
- Having To Rethink Money