The first season of Zooey Deschanel's New Girl may be over for the summer but that doesn't mean you have to cut the habit cold turkey.
While we can't bring Schmidt into your boudoir, we can help you bring Jess's (Zooey Deschanel) hairstyle home. We love the actress and musician's thick, voluminous hair and we're going to help you get the same look!
As you may have heard, Deschanel is the new celebrity ambassador for the Pantene Beautiful Lengths collection. The collection not only promises to give you healthy-looking hair, it helps women achieve the length they need to donate their hair to create wigs for women undergoing cancer treatment through the Pantene Beautiful Lenths Program.
We asked Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German for his tips on getting Zooey's luscious red-carpet hair look:
• The best way to achieve Zooey's style is to start with the right shampoo and conditioner. Begin with Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner for clean and healthy hair. This will provide a great foundation to build on.
• With hair still wet, apply Pantene Pro-V Flowing Body Mousse for Normal to Thick Hair from root to tip.
• Blow dry hair with a large, round blow dry brush. Be sure to maintain a level of body, not blowing hair too straight. Next, prepare hair for curling by clipping the front/top of the hair to get it out of the way.
• Starting at the back using a medium size curling iron, begin barreling 1 to 2 inch sections of hair. With the iron, curl about half of the way up each section from tip to root. Do this until you have curled the entire head.
• After, use a wide-tooth comb or natural bristle brush to gently separate curls.
• End by lightly misting hair with Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray for Normal to Thick Hair.
Products from the new Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths collection like the mousse and hairspray mentioned above will be available in stores in July.
More stories from TheKit.ca:
Related on The Huffington Post.