What a year of twists and turns and and fun and drama it was for Will and Kate — the Royal Wedding seems like a distant memory now! Here are a few of their biggest moments from 2012.
11. Will and Kate also showed their fun side throughout the year, including generating comic relief at a friend's wedding and in their epic Dancing Royals Performance on the tiny island nation of Tuvalu, where they boogied with colourful skirts with local performers.
10. This was the year Kate went out in public more on her own, including a surprise visit to London's Museum of Childhood, her first public speech at a Children's Hospice and tea with the Queen and Duchess of Cornwall. On some of her outings, she created a fashion frenzy — including coral skinny jeans revealed at Olympic Park.
9. Kate welcomed her man back from the Falkland Islands after his 6-week deployment with the RAF.
8. It was also a year when Will and Harry's beloved childhood nanny, Olga Powell, passed away. She had a great impact on their lives growing up.
7. Who can forget Will and Kate's wax replicas being revealed at the famous wax museum Madame Tussauds to mark their first anniversary in April. The replicas got decidedly mixed reaction from fans.
6. Will and Kate's support — and the world's — for Harry after his naked "scandal" in Vegas was tremendous.
5. Kate — she'll be known as Sexy Princess Mommy Kate next year when the baby's born — was chosen as Dream Bond Girl in a British poll.
4. There were some great Royal snapshots of Will and Kate this year, including this one on the Thames as part of the Diamond Jubilee river pageant — marking three generations of Royals — as well as their first public carriage ride since the Royal Wedding.
2. The most exciting news was when the Palace announced Will and Kate were having a baby. It was a day Royal enthusiasts around the world had been waiting (im)patiently for.
1. The worst was the scandal where a photographer took pictures of Kate sunbathing topless — but the good was the public uproar, including a Facebook petition in support of the tabloids leaving Will and Kate alone.
Here's to an amazing 2013 for the Royal lovebirds — and their growing family!
RELATED: Some Of Our Other Favourite Kate Middleton & Prince William Moments