MP Rodger Cuzner had the House of Commons chuckling on Wednesday with a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" political spoof.
Although, if you listen close, you can also hear the boos and jeers of some less-than impressed Conservatives.
The Liberal MP for Cape Breton-Canso made jabs at the Tories' F-35 fiasco, Labrador MP Peter Penashue's expenses debacle and offered praise for interim Liberal leader Bob Rae.
Here's the full text:
'Twas the week before Christmas and things were a mess;
The bulging new deficit had the P.M. under stress;
"These numbers are awful, I can't believe them myself;
"Nigel, I need some answers, go get me that elf";
But the Minister of Finance could not shed much light;
He told the Parliamentary Budget Officer to go fly a kite;
"These cabinet expenses, we have to cut them and grind them;
"Tell the minister from Labrador, if anyone can find him;
"We should be roasting chestnuts and decking the halls;
"But the opposition just wants to be busting our robocalls"
Things got even worse than bad meat that's infected;
Transport Canada layoffs left Santa's sleigh not inspected;
Christmas would be scuttled like the F-35 plan;
Three years of that BS got flushed down the can;
Santa needed a saviour, someone decked out in red;
A wily old veteran with white on his head;
He called in a favour, they inspected the sleigh;
The member for Toronto Centre just saved Christmas Day;
There were presents under trees and smiles on kids' faces;
He did a great job as Santa on an interim basis.
This isn't the first time Cuzner has delivered a holiday rhyme. Watch his merry attack from last year below:
Also on HuffPost:
1. "It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies!: A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols" by Michael P. Spradlin
2. "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Book: The Definitive Guide to Getting Your Ugly On" by Brian Miller, Adam Paulson, Kevin Wool, and Glenn Gontha
3. "Mr Sparrow’s Spectacular Boob – A Funny Christmas Story about Animals, a Nativity Play and a Crazy Teacher" by Professor Paradox
4. "A NASCAR Holiday 3" by Liz Allison & Wendy Etherington, Brenda Jackson, Marisa Carroll, and Jean Brashear
5. "Mid-life Christmas" by Cory Clubb
6. "Dawson’s Creek: A Campside Christmas" by C.J. Anders
7. "Naughty But Nice Cross Stitch" by Claire Crompton
8. "Scared of Santa: Scenes of Terror in Toyland" by Denise Joyce and Nancy Watkins
9. "Invasion of the Christmas Puddings" by Jeremy Strong
10. "Santa Claus Is Dead" by Jason Twede
11. "Knuckles’ Christmas Story" by Tommy Garrison
12." Lawyer’s Week Before Christmas" by Joseph Justice
13. "How to Catch Santa" by Dwayne McMillan
14. "Murder in the Air" by Ellen Hart
15. "Dumb White Husband vs. Santa" by Benjamin Wallace