Some big Bollywood musicians will be landing in Vancouver for a major concert as part of the Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), which promises some of the biggest Indian movie stars, in April.
The Pacfiic Coliseum concert kicks off a week of special events on April 4. Concert headliners include:
- Sukhwinder Singh, famous for singing the Oscar-winning song "Jai Ho" from the movie "Slumdog Millionaire"
- Mohit Chauhan, best known for his romantic ballads
- Sunidhi Chauhan, India’s most versatile female playback singer
- Hard Kaur, the face of hip hop in India
- Shiamak Davar, a choreographer who has helped popularize Bollywood dance around the world.
The inaugural TOIFAs, which celebrate the Hindi film industry, has been advertised by the B.C. government as a major economic event for the Lower Mainland.
Floor seats for the concert are going for $375 to $500 with other tickets priced at $150 through Ticketmaster. Exclusive packages for all the TOIFA events are selling for between $2,500 to $3,250.
A gala film awards ceremony will be held at BC Place on April 6 and will feature major Indian celebrities including Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan, said a news release from organizers this week. Floor seats for the awards show are going for $300 to $500.