For those lusting after an Hermès shirt which costs $91,500: Wait until the sale.
The French luxury brand sent the crocodile and chiffon shirt down the runway last fall for its Spring/Summer 2013 menswear collection.
Customers who are brave enough to part with their hard-earned cash can purchase the "tee shirt" at the label's chic Madison Avenue flagship store. (Although we're guessing Hermès' regular customers can afford to part with almost $100,000. It's loose change for them!)
For the rest of us, let's break down what else we could purchase with $100,000:
- A $500 shopping spree at H&M (or whichever store you buy clothes from) for 200 people
- A pair of $80 jeans from the Gap for 1,250 people
- A $29 shift dress at Joe Fresh for 3,448 people
- A $38 Vero Moda blazer at The Bay for 2,631 people
- A $348 leather tote at J.Crew for 287 people
And let's not forget that $100,00 could also get you a down payment on a house and at least three cars.