We've always been told men mature later in life, and now we can finally put a number on it.
Turns out men don't fully mature until the ripe age of 43, 11 years after women, according to a new study by the U.K.'s Nickelodeon channel.
The women surveyed also came up with a list of the most immature male behaviours including getting moms to do chores for them, trying to beat children at games and the worst offender: laughing at their own gas.
While 43 is obviously not the perfect age for all men, some women think the survey has merit.
One woman told CBS New York that her 49-year-old husband still has some growing up to do, referring to “poop jokes, the playing with the kids, the cartoons, still laughing at ‘Beavis and Butt-Head.’”
But not all men are about fart jokes and unwashed laundry. News.com.au writer Anthony Sharwood (who just happens to be 43) came up with his own quirky list that bust some of these myths, and well, prove that there are a few good gems out there.Story continues below slideshow:
Finding their own farts and burps hilarious.
Eating fast food at 2 a.m.
Playing video games.
Driving too fast or ‘racing’ another car at the lights or on the highway.
Trying to beat children at games and sports.
Staying silent during an argument.
Not being able to cook simple meals.
Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the lads.
Hating books or reading because of short attention spans,
Doing crazy dance moves.
Not eating vegetables.
Wearing saggy-crotched jeans.
Showing off about how girls are attracted to them.
Getting their moms to do their laundry.
Having a cartoon bedspread.
Changing jobs regularly.
Getting too excited over bachelor parties.
Having their moms still make them breakfast or any meal for that matter.
Using dodgy pick-up lines
The U.K. research also found that women were twice as likely to feel like they were the "grown-up" in the relationship and were more likely to make important decisions.
The poll also pointed out some common fails by immature men, cited by women — however, we'd argue some of these offences are committed by both genders.
What would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.
1. Finding their own farts and burps hilarious
2. Eating fast food at 2 a.m.
3. Playing video games
4. Driving too fast or ‘racing’ another car at the lights or on the motorway
5. Sniggering a bit at rude words
6. Driving with loud music
7. Playing practical jokes
8. Trying to beat children at games and sport
9. Staying silent during an argument
10. Not being able to cook simple meals
11. Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the lads
12. Don't like talking about themselves / having proper conversations
13. Hating books/reading because of short attention span/they're boring
14. Doing crazy dance moves
15. Mum still doing their washing
16. Having their Mum still make them breakfast/any meal
17. Wearing trainers to night clubs
18. Owning a skateboard or BMX
19. Not eating vegetables
20. Changing jobs regularly
21. Getting too excited over bachelor parties
22. Sometimes trying to do wheelies/stunts on their bike
23. Driving a modified car or one with a loud exhaust/boy racer
24. Showing off about how girls are attracted to them
25. Wearing pajamas, specifically cartoon pajamas
26. Using dodgy pick-up lines
27. Showing off about protein shakes/weight-lifting/how much they ‘lift’
29. Wearing saggy-crotched jeans
30. Having a cartoon bedspread