Remember chastity belts?
Well, Japanese company Ravijour has updated the old-fashioned clothing lock with a new bra that they say only unhooks itself when the wearer has fallen in love. (Yes, we're just as confused as you are.)
So how does this bra know you're "in love"? According to the designer (who is predictably a man), "a built in sensor reads the woman’s heart-rate signal and sends it to a special app via Bluetooth for analysis. The app then calculates the True Love Rate based on changes in the heart rate over time. When the True Love Rate exceeds a certain value, the bra is unhooked automatically."
The purpose of this Cylon bra is to prevent unwanted suitors from getting all up in your business even if you want to get your freak on with someone who isn't The One.
This leaves us with a few questions:
1. What if you're wearing clothes when the bra decides to rip open? Will your new blouse be ruined? Or does the bra open limply?
2. What if you have a heart problem or palpitations that trick the sensors into thinking you're in love?
3. What if the reason for your increased heart rate is because you're terrified the bra will unhook itself without your permission?
4. What if you are in love but you're not ready for your beloved to see your breasts?
5. What if you want to take the bra off to, you know, change your clothes?
6. Who would ever buy this??
With this in mind, take a look at the video below and tell us whether you would ever buy such a thing.