A tech company has figured out an ingenious way for people to attain a fit summer physique.
The good news is, it doesn't require any treadmills, fly machines or Stairmasters.
No, a great way to burn calories in the summer is to go to a music festival, where you can work off as many as 9,000 calories in three days, Metro reported.
Withings is a company that specializes in products that help you track your fitness, such as watches and scales.
In early June it commissioned a study asking festival goers to help them track which music events were the most physically active using an activity tracker or Withings Health Mate app.
The company has obtained data from a number of U.K. festival attendants and found that they can burn off as many as 3,400 calories in just one day.
That's a lot, especially when you consider that most adults are supposed to eat anywhere between 1,600 and 2,400 calories every day.
Of course, that's not to say that music festivals are necessarily good for your health — at least not in every aspect.
A study published in academic journal Environmental Science and Technology found elevated levels of ketamine and ecstasy in rivers close to a Taiwanese site after the Spring Scream festival was held there.
The Irish Examiner points out that calorie-burning activities at festivals don't just include dancing. There's also the effort involved in moving items out of your car, putting up your tent and trekking through mud from one stage to the next.
The bigger the festival, the more calories attendants would work off, it said.
Here's a list of how many calories people burned at 10 festivals, as reported by The Irish Examiner:
1) Glastonbury – 3,400 calories burnt per day/5.1 miles walked
2) V Festival – 3,100 calories burnt per day /4.6 miles walked
3) Reading Festival – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.7 miles walked
4) T in the Park – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.5 miles walked
5) Leeds Festival – 2,900 calories burnt per day/4.6 miles walked
6) Creamfields – 2,800 calories burnt per day /4.2 miles walked
7) Isle of Wight Festival – 2,700 calories burnt per day /4 miles walked
8) Bestival – 2,600 calories burnt per day /4 miles walked
9) Lovebox – 2,500 calories burnt per day/3.1 miles walked
10) T4 On The Beach – 2,300 calories burnt per day/ 2.9 miles walked
Also on HuffPost