If you live in Canada, either your child plays hockey or one of their friends do. The sport is woven in the very fabric of our DNA and gets many of us through those long, dark winters. But being a hockey family isn't all guts and glory. It comes with its own set of problems.
1. When the hockey bag is as big as your kid.
Sorry munchkin, one day I can afford to buy you a nice bag with wheels to hold your hockey gear. But I love how my five year old doesn't complain and is willing to drag his equipment around #boyswithlonghair #kidsofinstagram #cuteboys #hockey #hockeymom #hockeygram #hockeylife #hockeyplayer #hockeyproblems
2. Trying to dry the hockey kit.
3. Penalty mood.
4. When they don't feel like practicing.
5. Broken equipment... ka-ching!
6. Trying to stay warm in the stands.
7. Trying to eat with a hockey helmet on.
8. Getting up for early morning practice.
9. Then trying to stay awake.
10. Saying good-bye to a social life.
11. Seeing your kid get injured... sniff.
12. Puck accidents.
13. When your kid wants to be a goalie.
14. Getting the gear on.
15. The stench that takes over your house.
16. Getting your kid to do each one of these.
17. Waiting for your kid to hit the ice.
But we wouldn't change a thing.
Because the wait is long for the game we love.