ALBERTA

Grande Prairie Man Hospitalized After Eating Pill Hidden In Halloween Candy

11/05/2015 02:05 EST | Updated 11/05/2015 02:59 EST
Cassandra Hubbart, AOL

A man in northern Alberta has been hospitalized after eating a pill hidden inside a chocolate bar.

Grande Prairie RCMP said that the man had eaten half of the pill when he spotted the other half inside the Snickers bar.

He taken to the hospital on Monday as a precaution.

The Snickers wrapper appeared to have been opened and resealed, and the type of pill is still unknown, said RCMP.

Police in Lloydminster are investigating five reports of tampered candy. One child in the city found a round, white pill in her Snickers bar, and gave it to her parents who then contacted police. The chocolate bar wrapper also appeared to have been opened and resealed.

Police are reminding parents to examine all of their children's Halloween candy, and to throw out any homemade treats they may have received.

Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter

Also on HuffPost:

Halloween Safety Tips