The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has recalled several kinds of granola bars containing sunflower seeds due to possible listeria contamination.
The products affected include popular Quaker Harvest, CLIF Bar, Atkins, and Kashi products.
Two varieties of Spitz sunflower seeds are also being recalled.
All the products were sold across Canada and contain sunflower seeds.
The CFIA says if consumers think they may have got sick from eating one of the recalled products, call a doctor. Foods contaminated with listeria may not look or smell spoiled, but can still make someone ill.
If you have any of the following items at home, throw them out or return them to the store where you bought them.
Quaker Harvest quinoa bars (sold nationwide)
- Chocolate Nut Medley- All lots and best before dates
- Yogurt, Fruit & Nut- All lots and best before dates
CLIF bars (sold nationwide)
- Sierra Trail Mix Energy Bar, individual bars- all best before dates from Best By 2016JN06 up to and including Best By 2017FE23
- Sierra Trail Mix Energy Bar, box all best before dates from Best By 2016JN06 up to and including Best By 2017FE23
Atkins bars (sold in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, possibly nationwide, Quebec, Saskatchewan)
- Atkins Day Break Chocolaty Hazelnut Bar- Best Before 2016 OC 23 and Best Before 2016 DE 16
- Atkins Day Break Cranberry Almond- Best Before 2016 MR 28
- Atkins Chocolaty Chip Granola Bar- Best Before 2016 OC 23
Kashi bars (sold nationwide)
- Trail Mix Whole Grain Bars- 2017 JA 04 RE, 2017 JA 05 RE, 2017 JA 06 RE, 2017 FE 10 RE
- Whole Grain Bars- 2016 SE 11 EX, 2016 NO 30 EX
Spitz sunflower seeds (sold nationwide)
- Salted Sunflower Kernels, 100g- All codes and best before dates
- Dill Pickle Sunflower Kernels, 100g- All codes and best before dates
The CFIA originally issued a recall in May for Quaker Harvest bars sold in Ontario, which was then expanded to the rest of Canada.
Listeria symptoms include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness.