One of the most frustrating things to shop for as a plus-size woman is boots.
At times, finding boots of any height that will work with your calf can seem like the greatest challenge you've ever faced. Thankfully, there are some brands who understand that just because you have larger legs, doesn't mean you don't deserve to be stylish while keeping warm. And more than that, they actually did something about it.
There are now more places to buy wide calf boots than ever, as well as a multitude of styles from each retailer, and I've rounded up a few of my favorite places to find boots for wider calves below. When shopping for boots, especially online, it is important to take your measurements at the right part of the calf, to ensure each boot will fit. Unfortunately not all wide widths will fit all calf widths, but as the selection grows, so will the size options.
1. Over-the-knee multi strap boot, Torrid, $65.17
2. Olivia tall boot, Avenue, $85
6. Naturalizer Tricia wide calf boot, DSW, $69.95
7. Cole ruched buckle boot, Avenue, $79
8. Studded black riding boots, Lane Bryant, $130.53
9. Peep toe wedge bootie, Torrid, $42.37
10. Sam Edelman Penny boots, Nordstrom, $149.95
11. Black long heels boots, Evans, £58
12. Krishna Boots, Just Fab, $74.95
Every woman, with no exceptions, deserves to feel comfortable in her own body, and to believe that the world is made just as much for her as the next person. That's why with "My Curves Have No Bounds," we're going to get real and talk about our bodies, what we put on them, and how we feel about everything in between. We want to break down the barriers and outdated notions that plus-size women encounter everyday. So check back every other week for more from "My Curves Have No Bounds," by Amanda Montgomery of Latest Wrinkle.
Also on HuffPost