Giving the gift of travel: The Top Ten Travel Gifts that Keep on Giving
Just in time for the gifting season we've rounded up our favourite travel products that are sure to last well beyond the holidays and add a little (or a lot) of luxury to your tripping for the new year ahead. A little something for everyone on your list:
1. For the Adventurer - Rimowa luggage has been the choice of true travellers and adventurers for over 100 years. Known for its ability to hold up to even the longest of journeys and rudest of baggage handlers, this luggage will last beyond a lifetime!
2. For the Business Traveller - Plaza Premium Airport Lounge Pass . With 700 lounges worldwide, this membership card is a gift that will continually remind the recipient how thoughtful and generous you are, no matter what airport they find themselves waiting in next year.
3. For the Family - The gift of Kid & Coe: vacation rentals the whole family can enjoy. Travel with kids isn't easy -- but booking a Kid & Coe property means vacation starts as soon as you reach your destination. Each home has been selected with families in mind and include kid-friendly amenities, from cribs to high-chairs and plenty of room for play. Some favourites are a family home steps away from Amsterdam's greatest museums, complete with a swing in the living room, and a sprawling barn on Lake Michigan with a jacuzzi for parents and a teepee for little adventurers.
4. For the Loved One Who Has Everything - the Gateway Card with Exclusive Resorts is a great way to give the gift of luxury travel at a fraction of the Club's lifetime membership fees. It provides cardholders with 21-days of travel to be used over the course of three years. In addition to providing access to the club's portfolio of more than 300 two to five-bedroom privately-operated residences spanning 75 destinations, cardholders enjoy personalized pre-trip planning and in-residence services including daily housekeeping and dedicated on-site staff. The Gateway card can be purchased by Canadians for the same amount in CAD as is quoted in USD ($32,500), reducing the purchase price by approximately 15 per cent.
5. For the Budding Travel Blogger/Photographer - Nikon D5300 delivers professional quality photography that can be shared while on the road using the built in Wifi feature. We love how it even shoots clearly in dim restaurants or around campfires. The large LCD screen swivels 180° so you can hold the camera overhead to shoot over a crowd, or down low to capture that perfect vista. Plus, at only 480g, it's compact and lightweight enough to easily accompany you on a day trip or longer getaway.
6. For Your Fashionable Friend - DL Sunglasses. Sure to flatter every face, these light-weight, gender-neutral glasses will take the wearer from the streets of New York to the beaches of Bali. Because so much time and effort went into carefully editing a collection of foundation shapes that are both timeless and flattering to every face, you can't go wrong! And at a price-point that won't break the bank, you may want to consider picking up a pair for yourself while you're shopping.
7. For the Special Lady in Your Life - Ela Accessories. We have fallen for the Ela Scandi Tote. A soft leather, light-weight travel companion ideal for storing all your important travel essentials while on the road. We love the innovative 'lazy zipper pocket' that can be accessed from both exterior and interior making it secure (zips on both sides) but very convenient for the user.
8. For the Wandering Nomad - Hobes. Footwear basics that are made by hand and designed to withstand the test of time and trends. The perfect one-stop shoe that works for all occasions -- a travellers dream!
9. For Your Lover - A quick and sexy getaway with Air Canada Vacations. Couples who book a four-night stay (or more) to any destination in the USA or Nassau, Bahamas from now 'til January 5, 2015, receive a complimentary Air Canada Vacations-branded ZÜCA suitcase*. Züca is the James Bond-style luggage line best-known for its unique packing pouches that stack like drawers; plus, a genius design where the suitcase doubles as a seat.
*Travel must be completed between February 1 and June 30, 2015.
10. For the Aesthete - "Get a Room!" gift card from Mr. & Mrs. Smith, the boutique hotel specialists. The cards are available in any amount from $50 and up, and can be used to book stays at any of Mr. & Mrs. Smith's collection of more than 950 hand-picked boutique hotels around the world. The perfect gift for the stylish traveller, the gift cards are presented in a smart black pop-out box.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: