So many of the products that we use to help our skin are making it worse, in most cases they are filled with synthetic chemicals. Plant oils are a great way to help heal the skin. Before you apply anything to you face, make sure you are not allergic and check with your doc too.BLOG CONTINUES AFTER SLIDESHOW
Lemograss Oil for oily skin that's prone to acne and blackheads
- Really great for oily skin that's prone to acne and blackheads
- Great as an astringent, has anti fungal and antimicrobial properties - but you must dilute it with water, apply using a cotton ball
- Not for people who have dry skin
- Will help keep acne and blackheads away
Lavender Oil for clogged pores
- We know it's great to help reduce stress and relax us
- It's a fantastic antiseptic and will help keep pores that are clogged clear. If you suffer with clogged pores this will help
- Add a few drops to your moisturizer
- You can always put a bit on a cotton ball, dab your face, then apply your moisturizer
Calendula Oil for zit that have puss
- From the Marigold flower
- Also a great antiseptic
- Put a small amount directly on the zit, it will be zapped away in no time
Tea Tree Oil for blemishes and marks left by squeezing pimples
- This is great for blemishes and red marks thanks to squeezing too much
- Reduces redness and inflammation
- You should add some water to a cotton ball to dilute it slightly
- Wipe your face, then rinse
- People who suffer with blemish and use benzoyl peroxide have found that tea tree oil does the same job but stings and burns less
Raspberry seed oil for blind pimples
- This is magic in a bottle for those blind, painful pimples know as pauples that are actually hard lesions under the skin, due to a build up of dirt, bacteria and clogged pores. They never form a head and look terrible.
- This oil will help constrict the blood vessels which will reduce redness and inflammation
- apply directly to skin
- Small amounts, a few drops will do
- Full of vitamin E and a and omega 3's and 6 fatty acids
- It's also an amazing UVA and UVB protection - amazing natural sunscreen
- Make sure to buy organic oil as conventional berries are filled with pesticides
To avoid all of these skin issues, using a toner to clean your face is key. Here is a natural toner recipe that you can use everyday.
Fennel & Thyme Daily Toner
Thyme is a great antiseptic and a really good astringent. Fennel helps aid digestion and reduce inflammation, when applied topically it will reduce redness and inflammation. Fennel seeds are used as a gentle cleanser and toner. You can use this toner everyday, dab it on your face and neck with a cotton ball, let it dry, then rise.
2 sprigs fresh thyme, crumbled (or 1/2 tablespoon dried Thyme)
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 cup boiling water
Juice of Half Lemon
Mix the thyme and fennel seed in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
Add lemon juice and steep for 15 minutes.
Strain the infusion and store the liquid in a jar, in the refrigerator, for up to 10 days.
Follow Candice Batista on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@candicebatista