Looking back can be a great way to gain insight into the direction we're currently headed. Despite all of the changes in the marketing landscape over the last decade, the past 12 months alone indicate we're in for another big year of changes in 2014.
Some of the key trends this year included content marketing (which is headed for an even bigger year in 2014) multi-platform audiences, and video marketing.
Below is an infographic that outlines the major trends and takeaways from 2013. Some of the highlights include:
- 54 per cent of consumers are on more than one platform (making responsive design essential)
- 20 per cent of advertisers in the U.S. run multi-screen campaigns
- Mobile commerce spend has increased from $0.6 billion in Q2 2010 to $4.7 in Q2 2013
- 90 per cent of B2C and 93 per cent of B2B marketers are using content marketing in 2013, up from 85 per cent in 2012
- 61 per cent of digital content publishers now offer native advertising opportunities
Follow Hana Abaza on Twitter: www.twitter.com/HanaAbaza