1. Prepare a feast for your special Valentine.
2. Put on some music.
3. Light some candles.
4. Suggest breaking up.
6. Tell each other how much you have enjoyed the other person: his/her
generosity, wisdom, sense of humour, eccentricities, tenderness.
7. Tell each other how much you have enjoyed being a couple:
sharing meals, trips, end-of-day reflections, the occasionally mind-blowing love-making.
8. Tell each other how much you have enjoyed learning from the other person:
how someone else approaches life's pleasures, pains, and day-to-days; your current 'triggers'; how to remain a 'professional' loving human being rather than the insecure self that is always rested and ready to work.
9. Tell each other how glad you are:
that you are breaking up with dignity and consciousness rather than by 'cheating'; that you share the same order of priorities: God, growth, relationships.
10. Sort out details:
Choose date for closure (two months?).
Choose date for break-up celebration with all your friends.
11. Really LOOK into each other's eyes.
12. Finish dinner, clean up, and make plans!