This just in! I've got a yet-to-be authenticated advance copy of Canadian Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver's "streamlining" plan for hearings on things like Enbridge's proposed tar sands pipeline that would bring supertankers to B.C.'s coastline to take bitumen to China.
It's a 5-point plan, written for him by Sun Media:
1. They will no longer be called "hearings," but "tellings" -- as in, I don't really care what you think and will tell you what is in the national interest. Oh, and we may as well get the definition of "national interest" out of the way here -- it's whatever accelerates the strip mining of Northern Alberta.
2. All meetings will henceforth be held in the places that matter, namely Beijing, Houston, and Calgary. Meetings will also be held in raquet clubs so that my investment banker buddies can put in a brief appearance between sets. We one per centers don't like to be greatly inconvenienced.
3. The only foreign radicals allowed to testify will be oil companies like Sinopec, Exxon, Shell and Total. And by "radical" here I mean of course the undermining of life support systems that sustain seven billion humans on planet Earth, as opposed to wanting your children to have a future.
4. No panelists will be from the affected province. Oh, wait, that's already done.
5. Anyone expressing opposition will be sent to the Spoiled Children re-education camp in Edson, Alberta.
Welcome to the new Canadian democracy, people. Hope you like it!
|reutersLjungg #Canada PM said he was "very upset" by "the conduct of my own office". Who did he mean exactly? #cdnpoli|
|acoyne Jeeeezus. @kathleenogrady: EI board appointees made banned donations to Conservatives http://t.co/9LIaytprfK #cdnpoli|
NDP Leader Mulcair says cops wanted to talk to him about meeting with Vaillancourt http://t.co/bs43fAzRWk #cdnpoli
55 minutes ago from web
|reutersLjungg So which PMO officials is #Canada PM unhappy with, given he accepted Wright's resignation with great regret? #cdnpoli|
|CTVNews UPDATED: Ethics commissioner confirms she's investigating Nigel Wright's involvement in Duffy repayment http://t.co/R4G6gdibaQ #cdnpoli|
UBC: no action planned for Benjamin Perrin over Sen. Duffy money transfer deal http://t.co/6SbS4jLHvB #cdnpoli
1 hour ago from web
|CBCPolitics Inside Politics: Power & Politics Ballot Box question http://t.co/wkNVDIsyjx #cdnpoli #hw|
|globepolitics Joe Oliver: The end of fossil fuels would be an economic and social catastrophe http://t.co/LzjnJdTpwi #cdnpoli|
|reutersLjungg RT @CBCAlerts: PM's ex-legal advisor denies consulted on Duffy deal, says never communicated with PM on matter #cdnpoli|
|evansolomoncbc Let me know what questions you have about 90 000 payment from Wright to Duffy--we will put some on #pnpcbc #cdnpoli|
|CBCPolitics Tonight: Follow @Kady and @LeslieMacKinnon as Senators debate the expense audits http://t.co/mM1f6ITQ9H #hw #cdnpoli|
|globepolitics Why aren't our health cards accepted everywhere? http://t.co/UmHlLKuWMW #cdnpoli (for subscribers)|
|CBCPolitics NDP wants double question period under extended House hours http://t.co/DgxfW0aXGP #cdnpoli #hw|
|CBCPolitics Maine capital wants U.S. review before oilsands oil flows http://t.co/rdQKPe9E1R #cdnpoli #hw|
|CBCPolitics Inside Politics: Supersize it: NDP pitches 90-minute Question Period under extended sitting hours http://t.co/2zlpEDzyii #cdnpoli #hw|
|globeandmail No wonder the polls have been wrong: The polling industry is in a crisis http://t.co/tKwLZxvAQC #cdnpoli|
Liberal Senate leader to argue Harper's office in contempt of Parliament http://t.co/qI7ESLKAdD #CDNPOLI
3 hours ago from web
Senate set to debate expense audits amid greater scrutiny http://t.co/cYi3COiluJ #cdnpoli
3 hours ago from web
|ASSEsolidarite Donateurs du PCC nommés juges de l'assurance-emploi. Quelle impartialité. #scandale #cdnpoli #nonausaccage #polqc http://t.co/ylyKA4nh0q|
|globepolitics No wonder the polls have been wrong: The polling industry is in a crisis http://t.co/BXmOmxFjFS #cdnpoli|