This just in! I've got a yet-to-be authenticated advance copy of Canadian Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver's "streamlining" plan for hearings on things like Enbridge's proposed tar sands pipeline that would bring supertankers to B.C.'s coastline to take bitumen to China.
It's a 5-point plan, written for him by Sun Media:
1. They will no longer be called "hearings," but "tellings" -- as in, I don't really care what you think and will tell you what is in the national interest. Oh, and we may as well get the definition of "national interest" out of the way here -- it's whatever accelerates the strip mining of Northern Alberta.
2. All meetings will henceforth be held in the places that matter, namely Beijing, Houston, and Calgary. Meetings will also be held in raquet clubs so that my investment banker buddies can put in a brief appearance between sets. We one per centers don't like to be greatly inconvenienced.
3. The only foreign radicals allowed to testify will be oil companies like Sinopec, Exxon, Shell and Total. And by "radical" here I mean of course the undermining of life support systems that sustain seven billion humans on planet Earth, as opposed to wanting your children to have a future.
4. No panelists will be from the affected province. Oh, wait, that's already done.
5. Anyone expressing opposition will be sent to the Spoiled Children re-education camp in Edson, Alberta.
Welcome to the new Canadian democracy, people. Hope you like it!
|natnewswatch Asselin: PM abdicates responsibility in Duffy fiasco http://t.co/Kch0Fukfqh via @natnewswatch #cdnpoli|
|CBCPolitics Inside Politics: Power & Politics Ballot Box question http://t.co/zPMYNktiMc #cdnpoli #hw|
|SusanDelacourt Hey wait. How could Harper learn of Duffy news through the media when he says he doesn't read/watch #cdnpoli news? http://t.co/pEJYqX8DI4|
|SusanDelacourt Off to the book launch for @plamondontweet! #authorssupportauthors #cdnpoli|
Pressure increases on Conservatives to stay or leave F-35 program http://t.co/PVpAK8L59e #cdnpoli #f35
2 hours ago from web
|CBCPolitics Internet bill would unlock personal details, says watchdog http://t.co/kDUQpA2JWq #cdnpoli #hw|
|CTVNews UPDATE: PM says he 'did not know' about $90K cheque to Mike Duffy http://t.co/i1I2nIae1A #cdnpoli|
|reutersLjungg RT @reutersPalmerR: Our updated tale on #Canada PM's sorrow over Senate expenses http://t.co/92fH3gYDZO #cdnpoli|
Tory-dominated committee deleted tough parts of Duffy report: document http://t.co/ZXjPfrju4b #cdnpoli
2 hours ago from web
|globepolitics Adrian Dix will stay on - for now http://t.co/1OBrFSMuM1 #cdnpoli #bcpoli|
|CBCPolitics Wallin refuses to answer questions about repaying expenses http://t.co/YiJxEnWnj5 #cdnpoli #hw|
Wallin refuses to answer questions about repaying expenses http://t.co/TDXJ74eTVh #cdnpoli
3 hours ago from web
|CTVNews VIDEO: Mike Duffy leaves Parliament Hill after today's Senate meeting http://t.co/jHT2YbgBis #cdnpoli|
|CTVNews RT @dhamamdjian: Video of #Duffy leaving the #senate. #cdnpoli http://t.co/qjup5vZNJR|
|globepolitics Harper says he is 'extremely angry' about ex-chief of staff's $90,000 cheque to Duffy http://t.co/SQsMC27KDD #cdnpoli|
|davidakin RT @jeffjedras: I trust Maj sees the irony that Wallin and Duffy are Conservative media lickspittles. #cdnpoli|
|globepolitics B.C. New Democrats will review election loss with Dix at helm http://t.co/1OBrFSMuM1 #cdnpoli|
|globepolitics Conservative Senate leader says party not getting credit for expense transparency by @CurryB http://t.co/rOnH1qvRHW #cdnpoli|
|globepolitics Conservative Senate leader says party not getting credit for expense transparency http://t.co/iymjb8ypO9 #cdnpoli|
Mike Duffy says his actions 'do not merit criticism' http://t.co/H5av01gxGL #cdnpoli
4 hours ago from web