It's the easy things that make me happy when the going gets hot, hot, hot! The clean and simple recipes that show off the absolute greatness that is eating food that has been harvested at its most ripe and often sold to me on the very same day it was plucked.
The ingredients that comprise this super simple salsa/salad will soon be up for grabs at a market near you, or maybe even already if you are chilling in the warmer States down below.
What I love about this Summer Corn Salad recipe is that with the very same ingredients, you can enjoy this cooked or raw and can be used in so many ways.5 Ways To Enjoy This Salsa Recipe
- As a salsa of course- dipping into it with your favourite organic tortilla or crispy rice chip chips.
- Use as a salsa topping or extra filling in your wraps. I love it in this sweet potato black bean burrito.
- Enjoy it solo as a tasty side salad.
- Use it as a topping over top of your grilled tempeh, fish or organic, free run, farmer loved poultry or meat.
- Add a spoonful into your favourite summer gazpacho or chilled cucumber soup.
Summer Corn Salsa
2 cobs of organic corn (steamed, grilled or raw), cut off the cob* (about 2 cups)
1 red pepper (grilled or raw), sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt, cayenne, and/or hot sauce to tast
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss and store in the fridge.
What are your favourite summer salad or salsa recipes?
Follow Meghan Telpner on Twitter: www.twitter.com/meghantelpner