Autumn is almost here and the pumpkins are ready for picking! Pumpkin and molasses are a wonderful combo in these soft cookies. When my daughter brought me a taste of these cookies I knew I would be adding them to my list of favourite cookies. Do you use canned pumpkin from the store or do you prefer to cook up your own?
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, cooked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- sugar for rolling cookies
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, molasses, pumpkin, and vanilla, mix till well blended.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll in balls, and roll in sugar. The dough is sticky so this is a bit messy.
- Place 2" apart on parchment lined baking pans.
- Bake in 350º oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For more tasty recipes visit us at www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca
Follow Mennonite Girls Can Cook on Twitter: