For the first time in country’s history, Rideau Hall extended an invitation to the public to witness Canada’s official change in government.
Prime minister-designate Justin Trudeau and wife Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau stepped off a bus at Rideau Hall and walked up to the federal heritage building, followed closely by his new cabinet ministers on Wednesday for their swearing-in ceremony.
Some arrived 3.5 hours before the ceremony to snag the perfect location.
The crowd quickly grew...
Teachers brought their students to Rideau Hall for the occasion.
... while people continued to line up outside Rideau Hall.
Their patience paid off.
Wrapping an important day in Canadian history for young and old.
The Liberal government
- Trudeau's Cabinet Filled With Fresh Faces And Achieves Gender Balance
- What A New Canada Looks Like In One Photo
- The Prime Minister's Wife: What Is Her Title, Exactly?
- Margaret Trudeau Joins Son Justin On Swearing-In Day At Rideau Hall
- Maryam Monsef Came To Canada As A Refugee. Now, She's A Cabinet Minister.
- The 15 Female Cabinet Members Appointed By Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Giggling Inuit Throat Singers Delight At Trudeau Swearing In Ceremony
- Justin Trudeau Sworn In As Prime Minister
Also on HuffPost: