Editor's note: This story was originally published in 2016. Sadly, flu season comes around every year. Stay healthy, Canada.
It is officially cold and flu season in Canada, and despite all your best efforts (like getting the flu shot, or keeping your immune system in tip-top shape), there's still the possibility of you getting hit by the virus.
And the number one culprit? Probably the people you work with.
After all, who doesn't have that co-worker who comes to work with a sore throat, claiming "I'm sure it's just an early morning thing"? Or the one who talks about the stomach bug going around their kid's daycare and just happens to have to run to the washroom before the morning meeting?
In good news, Health Canada reveals the most recent flu numbers show a downward trend from years past, so hopefully that new flu shot really is working its magic.
But just in case, here are the people you'll want to shift away from in the elevator — so they can't take you down with them.
- The One Who Doesn't Wash Their HandsJames Lauritz via Getty Images
- The One Who Sneezes Into Their HandsPeopleImages.com via Getty Images
- The One Who Rubs Their Nose And Eyesmoodboard via Getty Images
- The One With The Sore ThroatMichaela Begsteiger via Getty Images
- The One Who's Always Shiveringugurhan via Getty Images
- The One Who Can't Stop CoughingAaron Haupt via Getty Images
- The One Who Doesn't Drink WaterCreatas via Getty Images
- The One Who Keeps Falling AsleepJGI/Jamie Grill via Getty Images
- The One With The Small ChildrenSally Anscombe via Getty Images
Also on HuffPost