Samsung Galaxy Core Prime Explodes In Boy's Hands

Posted: Updated:
Print

A six-year-old Brooklyn boy was treated for second-degree burns after a Samsung phone blew up in his hands on Saturday.

The boy named Kadim was playing with his grandmother's Samsung Galaxy Core Prime when the phone flared, setting off an alarm inside their home, CBS 2 reported.

"The cops came, the fire truck came," his grandfather John Lewis told the station.

kadim samsung phone

Kadim, right, suffered second-degree burns after a Samsung phone exploded in his hands. (Photo: CBS2)

Kadim's injuries were not serious. He was treated at Downstate Medical Center and was back at school on Monday.

But now he's too scared to play with smartphones all together, his grandmother Linda Lewis told The New York Post.

The phone model was not one of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 phones, which are being recalled after 35 devices exploded or overheated due to a battery issue.

It's been serious enough that Transport Canada has warned air passengers to avoid packing them in their checked luggage, and to keep them off during flights.

Samsung plans to ship new phones with working batteries, The Wall Street Journal said.

(Watch the video embedded above.)

CORRECTION: This story incorrectly stated that the phone was a Samsung Galaxy Note 7. It was, in fact, a Samsung Core Prime.

Like Us On Facebook

Also on HuffPost:

Close
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction