Might as well call this "a tale of two heartthrobs," albeit reluctantly for one.
"The Big Short" co-stars Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt presented together at the 2016 Golden Globes on Sunday, but while the two do not share any scenes in the film, they certainly seemed comfortable enough with each other to riff on one another.
Standing side-by-side, Gosling — dressed in a white Ralph Lauren dinner jacket — seemed perturbed to be on stage with somebody else. Anybody else.
"To be honest, I was told I was presenting alone," said the Cornwall, Ont. native after sharing an awkward silence with Pitt. "I’ve been cast in some kind of Joe Biden, Andy Richter, Robin kind of role.”
Pitt did not really engage with Gosling's quips, and soon, the "Gangster Squad" actor begrudgingly accepted his sidekick role.
“Take the high road, I look petty," said Gosling.
Classic or not, Pitt did not walk the red carpet with wife Angelina Jolie-Pitt and kept his look simple with a timeless black suit, white shirt and black bowtie.
If Ricky Gervais is not going to return as the Golden Globes host next year, can we suggest this unlikely comedy duo instead?
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
Golden Globes 2016
- Matt Damon, Sylvester Stallone, Kate Winslet Among Big Winners
- The Best And Worst Dressed Stars On The Red Carpet
- Laverne Cox Is A Vision In White Elizabeth Kennedy Gown
- Leonardo DiCaprio Pays Tribute To Indigenous People
- Ricky Gervais Jokes About Caitlyn Jenner In 2016 Golden Globes Monologue
- Channing Tatum's Golden Globes 2016 Hair Is Different, Gets Its Own Twitter Account
- Denis O'Hare Rocks Platform Heels On 2016 Golden Globes Red Carpet